In accordance with your tenancy agreement there are a number of items for which the tenant is responsible. Some examples are as follows:
Items that are damaged through the neglect or carelessness of the tenant, members of the tenants household (including lodgers) or visitors. Tenants may be required to reimburse any costs incurred in making the repair.
Tenants are expected to keep the premises in good condition. This includes looking after the garden and maintaining the interior decoration.
Tenants are responsible for the following items of repair. These are mostly minor repairs that are not due to fair wear and tear. • Reglazing windows and doors
• Broken or damaged doors
• Lock changes when the keys are lost
• Replacing lost keys and the cost of re-entry if the tenant is locked out.
• Clearing blockages in WC or waste pipes
• Replacing fuses and electric plugs
• Replacing electric fire elements and gas fire radiants
• Replacing plugs and chains to waste pipes
• Cleaning of chimneys
• Replacing the clothes line or rotary drier
• Maintaining the gardens and clearing rubbish
• Any repairs to installations or improvements made by the tenant
• Internal redecoration
• Battery operated smoke alarms
• WC seats
• Any other damage which in the opinion of Housing/Tenancy has been caused deliberately or maliciously
Roman Way Estate CIC
27 Underwood Close, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2SX
0121 472 7576
Registered Company Number 06512811